It is difficult to grasp the scale and scope of the Covid-19 global impact with over a third of the world's population in some form of "sheltering in place." With the rest of the planet, we at Watsontown Dental are eager to get back in to the business of meeting the dental needs of the Susquehanna Valley.
Following the guidelines of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, our dental team has been busy preparing to provide dental services under the umbrella of what has affectionately been called "The New Normal". Patients will notice some changes, some more noticeable than others:
- To reduce transmission of potentially contaminated paperwork between staff and patients, we will be going paperless. Prior to your scheduled dental appointment, our staff will be calling you to obtain the medical updates that in the past required sheets of paper.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask when entering our office, holding the mask during treatment and then put the mask back on to leave the treatment room and building.
- Body temperatures will be taken on every patient entering the treatment areas of the office.
- Only one person (the patient obtaining treatment) will be allowed in the treatment room with the staff.
- Our waiting area has become rather sparse. Toys and magazines have been removed. Once again, to reduce cross-contamination. The waiting room chairs have also been moved farther apart to promote safe social distancing.
- Our staff will be wearing masks (in some cases more than one). Face shields and disposable gowns will be seen as well.
- Behind the scenes, extra steps have been added to our already thorough cleaning procedures between patients.
These are just some highlights of our New Normal—all of which are performed to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible so that we can continue to be the dental provider of choice for the best care, treatment and value in the Susquehanna Valley.